BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND TWITTER BACKGROUNDS »

Friday, May 8, 2009

First ever: gingerbread house

This is one of the first projects I ever made. It's really old school for me, since i made it back in December 2006.This was not an edible cake but Christmas decoration.
I loved it, and it was hard to part with.


I don't remember where i got the recipe from but i remember that the icing glue was made with brown sugar flour and water. It ende
d up getting so rock hard that i could drop the entire house into the trash without it breaking. I think i kept the house till February and then finally got rid of it.


Looking at the picture above you can see a car, chimney, and tree. Those were entire chunks of icing. that would have been so gross to bite into; however the look is fabulous.
I baked 6 squares and then glued the m together with the icing to create the house and roof. Then I covered the entire house with a very thick layer of icing, drew the windows and door on it with a tooth pick and created the chimney directly on the roof. I covered a Plexiglas tray with a thin layer of icing and carefully lifted the house on it. The area surrounded the house was thickly covered with sugar to create the snow affect. Add the created tree and car and a few jelly candies for the finishing touch and wallah, Christmas Deco homemade.

0 comments: